Committee Member Application:
Apply to be on a Committee! Applications are due 10pm November 9, 2017.
- Apply Here (Due 10pm November 9, 2017)
- How the selection process works
- Not sure about applying or what committee to apply for?
- Check out the committee pages on the UMR website
- Talk with any committee member (you can contact any Member Involvement Committee member that are listed at the bottom of this page)
- Things to consider before applying
- Can you attend the Winter Meetings (January 22-26, 2018- Des Moines, IA), Summer Meetings (June 19-22, 2018- Sioux Falls, SD) and the Conference (November 6-9, 2018- Sioux Falls, SD)
- Are you doing a job search that may take you out of the region or housing field (committee membership is a year commitment )?
- Speak with your supervisor about if they can support you being on committee.
Conference Registration Fee Waiver:
For members wanting to attend the annual UMR conference for the first time. 3 conference registration fee waivers for the total cost of registration for the UMR Annual Conference will be awarded to 1 undergraduate student, 1 graduate student and 1 full time professional. Check out the application to apply. Applications are due October 9, 2017.
Executive Board Positions Available
Candidates are currently being sought for the positions listed below. Applications must be sent to Dana Fritz at firstname.lastname@example.org by September 29, 2017. Please see the UMR Executive Board Application to view information on available positions and for further details on how to apply.
Positions up for election at the 2017 business meeting:
- Vice-President/President Elect – 3 year commitment
- Coordinator of Corporate Sponsorships – 3 year commitment
- Inclusion and Equity Coordinator – 2 year commitment
- State Membership Coordinator – 2 year commitment
2017 Committee Member Information:
- Winter Meetings January 25-27, 2017 in Des Moines, Iowa
- Summer Meetings June 7-9, 2017 in Lincoln, Nebraska
- Annual Conference and Pre-Conference November 7-10, 2017 in Omaha, Nebraska
Chairperson and Committee Member Comitment Form
To recruit and recommend candidates for UMR-ACUHO elected office, appointed chairperson positions, committee membership, conference fee waiver recipients, and bids for upcoming conference host sites; to encourage the connections and involvement of new and veteran UMR-ACUHO members.
- Dana Fritz, University of Wisconsin-Stout, Committee Chair
- Ben Bechle, University of Wisconsin - Stout
- Katie Milne, The University of Iowa
- Jessica Watts, The University of Iowa
- Timothy Ledna, Graceland University
- Steve Romenesko, Carleton College
- Jacque McKenna, University of Kansas
- Jay Hicks, University of Central Missouri
- Lindsay Henderson, Gustavus Adolphus College
- Brandon Kesler, Wichita State University
- Matt Albright, University of Nebraska at Kearney
- Mandie Craven, Wichita State University
A list of conference sites from 1971-2015 can be found here: Conference Sites