Professional Development and Training
The Professional Development and Training Committee provides professional development opportunities for entry level, mid level and upper level professionals in the association on topics of business/financial administration, residence life, food service, facilities management, and central administration.
The purpose of the Professional Development and Training committee is to design, implement and review a comprehensive professional development curriculum through annual conference programs and other sponsored venues.
- To maintain the Professional Development Curriculum which reflects association mission, values, and goals.
- To provide training opportunities for all level professionals in the major functional areas of college and university housing: residence life, business/financial management, facility management, food management, and central administration. Educate and offer resources in areas of recruitment and retention of the housing profession.
- To foster personal and professional development to professionals of all levels.
- Solicit and sponsor one featured speaker
- Solicit and sponsor one keynote speaker.
- Host annual Case Study competition for entry level professionals.
- Solicit, provide, and sponsor three program tracks for entry, mid and upper level professionals at the annual conference.
- Solicit and provide four webinars throughout the year
- Communicate information to the membership through regular submissions to the magazine, website, et al
- Increase webinar viewership
- Gain additional assessment data through collaboration with AIM to provide data for future years
- Find a keynote from the region or who has a background in the region
- Consider ways to capture the content of the featured and keynote speakers and make that content accessible after the conference
- Stay focused on learning outcomes within our areas of focus
- Explore opportunities for case study participants to reflect on their experience and receive feedback
- Develop and recruit programs of interest to undergraduate students, mid-level housing managers and senior housing officers.
- Connect webinars with programs at the annual conference
- Develop an SHO field trip
2016 PD&T Committee Members:
- Hannah Bendroth, Minnesota State University - Mankato, Committee Chair
- Elizabeth Stafford, University of Wisconsin - Parkside
- Ellie Lang, University of Wisconsin - Oshkosh
- Nick Mulholland, University of Northern Iowa
- Samantha Hyland, Kansas State University
- Katrina Wheeler-Floyd, University of Wisconsin - Madison
- Brooks Hetle, Kansas State University
- Jenna Fremstad, University of Wisconsin - Stevens Point
- Mandy Rae Fairbrother, Gustavus Adolphus College
- Evan Knoespel, Iowa State University
- Nicole Wilburn, Missouri State University
- John Wachal, University of Nebraska
- Tori Carlson, St. Cloud State University